VMware Cloud Community
Kim_Pedersen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Performance Report

Hi,

We are running vRops 6.6 and we want to run a performance report against a list of VM's.

I have created a custom group with all the VM's which we want to run the report against. The big problem is that I want to run the report with data from only the normal working hours 8-17.

This is a customer running a lot of Citrix servers and therefore it's not relevant to use the data from e.g. 30 days unless these data is only from the time frame specified. I have tried playing around with "Time Settings" and "Group By" in the view but I haven't been able to solve this.

Any ideas would be appreciated Smiley Wink 

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Kim

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mike_Gelhar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If you only want to collect metrics, or analyze metrics, for specific working hours (to avoid times when users aren't using these systems) you will probably want to create a custom policy in vROps and apply it to the custom group you created. Create a new policy (probably based on the current policy) and then modify the Time Range found in Analysis Settings. This will allow vROps to report usage during the times you specify and not be skewed by the non-working hours but won't change how other systems are calculated.

vROps-TimeRange-Metrics.PNG

View solution in original post

5 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Under Time Settings, why not use the Prior 8 hours option, then schedule your report to run one hour past the end of your work day. The resulting report will always have the data according to that last period.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
Mike_Gelhar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If you only want to collect metrics, or analyze metrics, for specific working hours (to avoid times when users aren't using these systems) you will probably want to create a custom policy in vROps and apply it to the custom group you created. Create a new policy (probably based on the current policy) and then modify the Time Range found in Analysis Settings. This will allow vROps to report usage during the times you specify and not be skewed by the non-working hours but won't change how other systems are calculated.

vROps-TimeRange-Metrics.PNG

RobertoRomello
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks much Mike for your helpful answer, yours reply is really a great help!

Best Regards Roberto (Sr. Manager) Testree, A Division of Nous Infosystems
Kim_Pedersen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Mike

This is great and exactly what I was looking for 🙂

I tried things but didn't see any difference between the Performance Report with the new and old numbers, but then I discovered that there was no extra stress on the servers during daily working hours, so I assume that's the reason for almost the same numbers.

Once again - Thanks.

Kim

codybengel
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is this option available in version 8.3?  I've looked and can't find it anywhere.

Thanks.

0 Kudos