VMware Cloud Community
TheVMinator
Expert
Expert

Peak CPU utilization for supermetrics

Is there a supermetric that measures peak CPU utilization for a VM?  In "attribute Kinds" I see Usage(MHz) but not peak usage.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Peak implies you're looking or a maximum value over multiple data points.

Supermetrics can only reference a since data point / time period, which is the last collected metric.

So no, no peaks for SMs on a single resource. However, you CAN do something like maxN to get a maximum value of multiple resources... such as putting a SM with MaxN on a group of VMs looking for the highest CPU Demand for all of them.

If you want a "peak" for CPU, the best you're going to get is following attribute for a VM:

CPU Running (%) (15 min. Peak)

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
TheVMinator
Expert
Expert

ok thanks for input. What I really need is to be able to look back over the last 3 months, and see what the peak CPU usage was for a VM.  What happened at month end when demand was highest?  Then I need to do that for a group of VMs, and take the average of those peaks for the group of VMs.  So I can't do this with a supermetric?  Where is the best place to do this in vCOps?

0 Kudos