VMware Cloud Community
jmastop
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Number of vmotions metric in vrops 7.5 is zero for vcenter 6.7

Hi all,

Just checking in quickly before I log a call with VMware to see if I've missed some of the recent changes.

We upgraded our vROps from 7.0 to 7.5 a while ago with little or no trouble. A little over a week ago we also upgraded our vcenter from 6.5 to 6.7u2. From that moment, the "number of vmotions" metric on the Datacenter, Cluster Resource and ESX server objects are zero. As if there's no vmotions at all, which is not true.

Has this metric been changed or disabled?

Cheers

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

I am 7.5 vrops and 6.7 u2 vcenter and the metric works ok for me. Check your policy to make sure it is enabled is all i can suggest

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

I am 7.5 vrops and 6.7 u2 vcenter and the metric works ok for me. Check your policy to make sure it is enabled is all i can suggest

0 Kudos
jmastop
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I checked the policy, but all four instances of the metric are enabled by inheritance. But your answer was what I was looking for: it should work. So it's either configuration or a problem, not a feature. I'll take it up with support. Thanks.

0 Kudos
ricardosicupira
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi jmastop, how are you?

Any answers from VMware support about this vROps behavior? I'm having the same problem using vROps 8.4 collecting metrics from vCenters version 6.7.

0 Kudos