VMware Cloud Community
cdsouza
Contributor
Contributor

Notification event - Adapter VCname: Cannot retrieve Health Information from vCenter's Health Service located at URL

Hello

I added  VC to VRO in 6.5,  i use to get the error Notification event - Adapter  VCname Cannot retrieve Health Information from vCenter's Health Service located at URL.

i ignored it because  Data collection was working fine, later i saw Data collector stopped collecting data. it worked max of 20 mnt and stops.

Later i was thinking Issue might be with 6.5 new version.

I configured 6.4 still i have same problem, let me know if any one has rectified the issue.or facing same issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kpitt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What is the FQDN you're using to pair vROps to vCenter?

Also, try re-registering the adapter instance (There is a button to manage registrations you can unregister/re-register).

If I recall correctly, the vCenter health service has been deprecated in 6.0 and higher meaning that this service doesn't actually exist on the vCenter anymore. Since it's a notification event, this leads me to believe it's not the vSphere adapter that is throwing it, what other adapters do you have installed? My guess would be either End Point Operations or Log Insight.

-K

0 Kudos
cdsouza
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, i have done the same,

I have couple of VCs for all the VC i have installed vRO and monitoring it,

No issue with it, 

0 Kudos