VMware Cloud Community
skudtz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Noob Alert

Hey all, I am totally new with the use of VM's.

I had a friend set me up with VMware and have been running 6 VM's using xp pro.

Skype updated today and rebooted my machine but when I went to turn the VM's back on there are 2 tabs missing so I can't switch them on they aren't even listed anymore.

Can anyone offer a reason and even better a solution to getting them back?

Cheers

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
skudtz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Sean

Thank you so much for your reply.

After tinkering a little I actually found my problem.

On the VM Workstation 9 home section there is a tab at the top called show/hide library and somehow that got unchecked. I clicked it and voila the library tab appeared showing me all the workstations again including the ones that were missing so thank you for your reply it is much appreciated and sorry for posting in the wrong section.

Cheers

Ian P

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
showard1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi

This is probably not the best forum for your question, vCenter Operations Manager is a product meant to monitor large numbers of VMs in an enterprise setting.  Ideally, you would post this sort of question in the Fusion or Workstation forums.  That said, I'm happy to help if I can.

You mention XP pro, but is that the VM's OS or the physical computer's OS?  If its a Mac, you're probably running Fusion.  If its a PC, you're probably running Workstation.  Can you confirm which and also post the version number?  Even better, if you could post a screenshot of where the missing tab thing is happening, that would help us a great deal.

Thanks

Sean

skudtz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Sean

Thank you so much for your reply.

After tinkering a little I actually found my problem.

On the VM Workstation 9 home section there is a tab at the top called show/hide library and somehow that got unchecked. I clicked it and voila the library tab appeared showing me all the workstations again including the ones that were missing so thank you for your reply it is much appreciated and sorry for posting in the wrong section.

Cheers

Ian P

0 Kudos
showard1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Ian

Glad to hear it worked out.  If you don't mind, could you mark the question as answered?

Thanks and happy new year!

Sean

0 Kudos