VMware Cloud Community
saurabh_agr001
Contributor
Contributor

Need details of functionality of different buttons available on various widget on Adaper dashboard.

In the Adapter dashboard, there are some pre-defined buttons available on different widgets. These Widgets are ‘UCS ALERTS’, 'ALERT OVERVIEW’ and 'HEALTH TREE' widget. There are few buttons which are not working/no effect after clicking on them. Screen shot are showing below :

0 Kudos
11 Replies
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I don't really see the screenshots...I see the base64 code instead Smiley Happy

would you mind updating your post

0 Kudos
saurabh_agr001
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I had updated the post and attached the image files.

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

1.jpg - > from left to right

1st button is to details in external application if such is registered (for example, vSphere web Client, or logInsight or another)

2nd group of buttons with the lightbulbs is grid filtering by alert status active/cancelled

- next buttons to the right with the circles are also filters by alrt type/subtype

- the button to the left of the first "clock", which has a small red dot is for cancelling of certain type of alerts (which are cancellable)

- the buttons with the clocks are for supressing and suspending alerts

- the last 2 buttons just before StartDate text are for claiming ownership of alerts

2.jpg-> same button as in 1.jpg. for opening in external application

3.jpg -> Ist button is the same, then you have the RSS feed export, some filtering, and some buttons already explained above

0 Kudos
saurabh_agr001
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

But some of them buttons are not working as there are mentioning their name.

As some button specify take ownership, release ownership in Alert widgets.

Regards,

Saurabh

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Saurabh,

I am not sure I understand you correctly:

- are you saying that some buttons doesn't work as expected?

0 Kudos
saurabh_agr001
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Yes, Some of the buttons are not providing the results.In the 'Alert Widget', there are few buttons like 'RSS Feed', 'Reset Grid Sort' etc, so are not getting any update in the output in the existing fault output list.

Also Kindly provide the some details about the 'Take Ownership' and 'Release Ownership'. How it will effect on the list and is there any consequences on association on Resource Kind's fault and that Resource Kind.

Regards,

Saurabh Agarwal

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Are you using a recent browser (Chrome, FF, IE10?)

- RSS feed btn should open RSS feed for the list of alerts in a new window

- Reset Grid Sort  resets sorting asc/desc applied to eny columns to the default

- Take/Release ownership. If you have multiple users using the product (user1, user2, user3) each of them can "take ownership" of an alert.

That will just put his name in the column "user name". Release ownership clears that

0 Kudos
saurabh_agr001
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am using FF browser.

-- RSS Feed button open the new window with various link of RSS feed of different resource kind, with subscribe option.

-- Reset Grid Sort  option just refreshing the grid list. It is not sorting the data of list.

-- Reset Interaction  : No update in the data of grid.

-- Display Filtering criteria - what parameter we need to add.

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Saurav

- "reset grid sorting" will reset the sorting to default. I think that's quite clear functionality Smiley Happy

If you apply any sorting (say, click on a column and sort on it by descending), that button will re-set this

From what you're saying, all works OK.

You can refer to help and admin-guide for more information on how to use different features of the product

0 Kudos
saurabh_agr001
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

Could you please explain functionality of

Reset Interaction and Perform Multi-Select Interaction.

Regards,

Saurabh Agarwal

0 Kudos
saurabh_agr001
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I need some information for the Alert Overview Page available on Adapter dashboard.

Open Alerts, Suspended Alerts, Suppressed Alerts, Own Alerts, Assigned Alerts, Cancel Alert, Suspend, Suppress.

'Take Ownership' and 'Release Ownership' is working. But not reflecting the correct behavior according to vCOps.

Regards,

Saurabh Agarwal

0 Kudos