VMware Cloud Community
saurabh_agr001
Contributor
Contributor

Need details about the functionality "SORT BY" drop-down avaliable on Relationship Widget in vCOps 5.8.4

Hi,

In my customer adapter's dashboard I am using the custom relationship widget. This widget is showing the resource of my virtual environment in relationships.

I create the multiple instances of my custom adapter, then multiple nodes at same level shown in the custom relationship widget.

Like node1 is having name as "ABC 10" and node2 is having the name "ABC 5".(I have created "ABC 10" instance before "ABC 5")

Here Node1 and Node2 are sibling nodes.

Then how can we apply the "SORT BY" functionality on the relationship widget.

I have checked the document available at https://www.vmware.com/pdf/vcops-571-custom-ui-getting-started-guide.pdf.

As per guide, "With the SORT BY drop-down menu, you can sort the object display by object name or value".

But this is not working. When I am applying sort order as "A-Z", then it sorts the node in increment order in which I have created the instance.

If I am applying sort order as "Z-A", then it sorts the node in decrement order in which I have created the instance.

Regards,

Saurabh Agarwal

0 Kudos
1 Reply
saurabh_agr001
Contributor
Contributor

Please clarify the functionality in case if we choose ‘0-100’ and ‘100-0’ to perform sorting.

I had renamed my resource name as

10:data’, ‘176:data’,’5:data’,’8:data’ to test numeric sorting functionality.

There is no change in listing of data if change the option from ‘0-100’ to ‘100-0’.

Please let me know if any configuration is required for this issue.

Regards,

Saurabh Agarwal

0 Kudos