VMware Cloud Community
lannguyen
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Must-Have Dashboard - VM Troubleshooting Dashboard (Free Download)

I am finally sharing out more real dashboards I create for customer on my site now (a simpler version).  I've also created a Step-by-Step VM Troubleshooting guide for it as well.  Please let me know your opinions, also whether you prefer this dashboard over the one OOTB in version 6.6.  Also I will be sharing out more every week. Thanks.

Download – vROPS VM Troubleshooting Dashboard | VMignite.com

VM-Troubleshooting.jpg

Troubleshooting2.jpg

Personal blog VMignite.com
10 Replies
taskino
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you

aaghabekyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi lannguyen, Awesome Dashboard, really make sense!

sxnxr
Commander
Commander

Great Dashboard. I made one slight change to the 6.6 vm property view by adding in the actual build version ( Not guest supported) of the tools which was added to 6.6

lannguyen
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

sxnxr​ thanks for the feedback.  Go back and re-download version 6.6.   I've added an additional 11 more properties to it. See the attached pictures of the new properties I've added

vm-properties.jpg

alsmk2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

This is great - shall be rolling this out to multiple builds. Thanks for the effort Smiley Happy

Edit: If you have any similar ones for hosts, could you share those too?

lannguyen
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

alsmk2​ Yes Host and datastore are coming.  I also have the vCenter Overview you can download as well.  Downloads | VMignite.com

alsmk2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

These are all top notch. Thanks for the heads up Smiley Happy

lannguyen
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

alsmk2​  Here is the Host Troubleshooting Dashboard

Download – vROPS Host Troubleshooting Dashboard | VMignite.com

Host1.jpgHost2.jpg

alsmk2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Honestly, these dashboards are absolutely 1st class.

Even with the new dashboards on v6.6, which are a huge improvement on previous OOB ones, these are still better. It's now step one in a deployment for me to deploy your dashes - the hosts one is perfect! These should be incorporated as OOB dashes. Thanks again Smiley Happy

Would you be able to come up with a dashboard that presents data collected from the EROPS agent, as I often struggle to see what additional data it brings in?

0 Kudos
lannguyen
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thanks alsmk2, believe it or not these are only lightweight version of the one's I create for customers. I restructure these dashboards to be more exportable, and simpler for the common user. You can use my blog which has instructions on how to monitor EPOPs stuff. Creating a dashboard for those things, I would use views and scoreboards

0 Kudos