VMware Cloud Community
Sasidhar1234
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Multiple vSphere Tags of a single VM needs to appear in diff columns while generating vROPs report

Is it possible to get report of vCenter VMs with multiple tags in different columns. I tried creating a View with Summary | vSphere Tag, it get value with comma separated value not in different column. PFA file.

For example: The result of first row - VM1 [<Performance Tier-Silver>, <Application-Moad>] should appear like VM1 [<Performance Tier-Silver>] [<Application-Moad>]

Thanks,

Sasidhar

Labels (3)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sasidhar1234
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can someone look into this thread and provide the inputs on how we can get the multiple vSphere tag categories as columns and vSphere tags as values in the report?

schubertr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have the same issues. Would have expected there was some way to update vSphere tags into custom tags in vROPs, but can't find anything. I can use the apis to create a report externally by parsing the json, but would prefer the report/view within vROPs,

0 Kudos
DavidWallis
Contributor
Contributor

I've also got the same issue, just can't understand why I can't get the tagged data - whats also annoying is in the summary it uses - as a delimiter which I have in category names.

0 Kudos
rgb99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have the same issue. VMs have multiple tags and splitting the columns is no use because not all VMs have the same tags in the exact order. vROPs works perfectly fine for Custom Attributes, but it boggles my mind why all Tags are clumped together.
0 Kudos