VMware Cloud Community
EzanHuang
Contributor
Contributor

Monitor vSAN network latency

Hello there

The mission is to monitor vSAN network latency between the vSAN hosts. I've checked on Operations Manager 8.0 in my lab, there is not any symptom or definition which is about monitoring vSAN network. Does anyone try to do this before? Or there may be some thinkings for me so I have the direction to try to get the goal, thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jatdesi
Contributor
Contributor

As long as vROps is collecting the vSAN cluster metrics, you can find a lot of info on the Home Page under the \Troubleshooting\vSAN link.

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

You are asking about two different things in the same sentence. There is a difference between monitoring and alerting. You want to "monitor" vsan but there are no "symptom or definition".

symptom or definition are alerting terms. Which one are you having problem with

0 Kudos
EzanHuang
Contributor
Contributor

Hi sxnxr

Thanks for the reply. Tho goal is the administrator can receive the alert mail from Operations Manager once the latency of the vSAN network is increased or in an abnormal status so the administrator can have more time to check the network issue before the problem enlarged.

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

There are several default alerts specific to latency.

pastedImage_0.png

If non of these will do go the the object in environment and find a metric that will do what you want and create your own symptom and alert

0 Kudos