VMware Cloud Community
gregbo8
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Metric Chart displays multiple values, even when I only choose one to display.

I'm trying to create a Metric Chart in a Dashboard.  I put the blank Metric Chart in the dashboard, then hit the pencil for the Metric Chart, then select a Metric, which shows up in the bottom of the window:

2015-12-16_08-28-47.png

When I run this Dashboard and select an object, the metric window shows all sorts of data instead of just the one metric I chose.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You would need to create a Metric Configuration and use it in order to display only one (or more) metrics in the interactive mode. The file is also called "Resource interaction configuration file". You can use command line and import it using CLI (see vRealize Operations Manager 6.1 Documentation Center ) but in 6.1 you can also go to Content -> Manage Metric Config -> RexkndMetric and create an xml file (use existing examples or google for other).

tb_sc_2015-12-16_04-08-35_PM.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You would need to create a Metric Configuration and use it in order to display only one (or more) metrics in the interactive mode. The file is also called "Resource interaction configuration file". You can use command line and import it using CLI (see vRealize Operations Manager 6.1 Documentation Center ) but in 6.1 you can also go to Content -> Manage Metric Config -> RexkndMetric and create an xml file (use existing examples or google for other).

tb_sc_2015-12-16_04-08-35_PM.png

0 Kudos