VMware Cloud Community
greco827
Expert
Expert

Metric Attribute Key for CPU Average Workload or Demand over a set period of time

On one of our capacity dashboards I would like to be able to include The CPU Demand or Workload Average over a 30 day period in the .xml file that I am using to display specific data on the dashboard.  If there is a metric attribute key for this, I can't find it.  I want to be able to do this from the cluster level, not an individual VM.  Does this attribute key exist?

If not, any ideas on how I could create a Super Metric that could average load over 30 days?

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful https://communities.vmware.com/people/greco827/blog
0 Kudos
2 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The key does not exist, because it is not a metric. You're looking for a simple moving avg of the data, and you'd get this by using a View to do a 'avg' transformation on those metrics over your desired period of time. SMs cannot do simple moving averages, and you'd need to use a View.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
lannguyen
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

following up what Mark said you will need to create a view.  Instructions on how to do this can be found here

vROPs 6 – Creating an Advance view with Average, Maximum, and Summary features | VM IGNITE

Personal blog VMignite.com
0 Kudos