concerning concurrent provisioning operations the following maximal values exist according to the vCenter 4.1 documentation:
- concurrent provisioning operations per host: 4
- concurrent provisioning operations per datastore: 4
Some questions here concerning the detailed semantics of these values:
- when precisely is a provisioning operation considered to be started and finished?
- how long is the queue for provisioning requests arriving at the vCenter when there are already 4 provisionings in flight?
- are the limits associated with 1 host (datastore) or with all hosts (datastores) in a cluster? E.g. assuming 6 datastores in a cluster, we could have 24 provisioning requests concurrently in flight inthe cluster, but can there be more than 4 of them concurrently accessing the same datastore?