VMware Cloud Community
NiranY
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Management packs on vRealize Operations Manager Remote Collector Nodes

Hello,

Do we need to install the Third party management packs on vRealize Operations Manager Remote Collector Nodes to collect the data from respective technology ( such as Storage , Computer) and do we need to install the same on Master Node as well, In my scenerio we have a Master node which doesn't need to collect metric data from Storage but Remote collector needs to collect the storage related metric.

want to know if i have to configure the storage management pack on both ( Master Node & Remote collector ?) or Only installing the storage management pack on Remote collector will help

Thanks

Niran

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NiranY
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Guys for your answer , I just found that when one have Master Node deployed with ( Required Management packs installed ) and choose to deploy the Remote Collector

all the management packs (installed on Master Node) automatically gets pushed to Remote collector Node ,One will find something similar to below screenshot

ScreenShot097.png

Once all the Management packs finished installing on Remote Collector it is Ready to Use, We need to Choose the Specific Remote Collector Group while configuring the Adapter, Like in my case I installed the Mgmt pack on Master Node and created the Adapter instances choosing the respective Remote collector group(node)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
vivari
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You need to configure on collector also

0 Kudos
greco827
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

After installing the MP under Solutions, when you configure it there is an advanced option to chose which remote collector you want to actually collect the data.  The MP itself doesn't have to be installed multiple times. You can however configure multiple Instances to point at various targets (like multiple vCenter servers or storage arrays).

vROps-MP-PointtoRemoteCollector.jpg

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful https://communities.vmware.com/people/greco827/blog
0 Kudos
NiranY
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Guys for your answer , I just found that when one have Master Node deployed with ( Required Management packs installed ) and choose to deploy the Remote Collector

all the management packs (installed on Master Node) automatically gets pushed to Remote collector Node ,One will find something similar to below screenshot

ScreenShot097.png

Once all the Management packs finished installing on Remote Collector it is Ready to Use, We need to Choose the Specific Remote Collector Group while configuring the Adapter, Like in my case I installed the Mgmt pack on Master Node and created the Adapter instances choosing the respective Remote collector group(node)

0 Kudos