VMware Cloud Community
satexan77v40
Contributor
Contributor

MP4H 1.2 Plugin - Issues with Memory usage on Connection Servers

Good Day - We recently had to upgrade to vROPS 8.6.2 as a result of Log4J so we transitioned from the old 6.7.1 Horizon Plugins (VROPS 8.2) to MP4H 1.2.  Has anyone else experienced issue with the target Horizon Connection servers  RAM utilization spiking causing the connection server to become unresponsive?  

Configuration - VROPS 8.6.2 with MP4H 1.2 Plugin

Connection Server - Horizon 7.13.1 (hope we get approval for 8 soon) - 12 CPU's & 32 GB RAM -- 400ish workstations, vCenter 6.7 (going to 7 soon), Server OS - Win 2019, 25 ESXi hosts in Cluster.  2 Connection servers but only pointing to our secondary for VROPS  --- Everything in FIPS mode

Memory issue only occurs if we start collecting using the Plugin adapter.  "Air Gap'd" network so no internet connectivity.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
satexan77v40
Contributor
Contributor

Found Cause but stuck on how to fix as it is CRITICAL we collect Logon Monitor data.  We FIGHT things out of our control which lead to pretty long log-in times for our users (we have no control over Domain/McAfee/Tanium).  Problem is if I turn on the service through the Horizon connector WSNM.EXE goes crazy on RAM. The config guide states only that Profile timing needs to be set (we are enabled on connection servers), Logon Monitor enabled (good), but then says the DB needs to be configured....yet I've found ZERO guidance on what, if anything, needs to be done.  To my customer there is no more important metric that we gather than login time....and spending crazy $ on Control UP just for that isn't feasible.  

0 Kudos