VMware Cloud Community
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Lock Symbol in Environment Overview of vROPS

Can anyone help me in understanding the meaning of Lock Symbol in Environment Overview?

lock.png

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Unfortunately this is not the meaning as i tried with some lock icon tags in some i cannot drag the object but in some i can drag the object and apply the tags on them examples where i can apply the tag entire enterprise and untag. Now i believe this is used to represent only Pre-built tags.

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
dtaliafe
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Those are the predefined object tags:

vRealize Operations Manager 6.0.1 Documentation Center

I haven't found an actual explanation for the lock symbol, but I'm fairly certain it is just to indicate that you can't modify them.  If you expand the other tags you can drag objects from the list on the right to assign them different values.

0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

But how can i modify the tags even without lock? Is there any option for this?

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
dtaliafe
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

You can drag objects from the right side and assign them to different values under those tags.  I don't think you can modify the actual tags though, not unless they are ones that you created yourself using the Manage Tags button on the top.  I haven't found a lot of use for this, unless I'm using other adapters and need to manually tie objects together.  For example, I'm experimenting with the SNMP adapter to monitor our blade chassis and might want to tag the SNMP object that represents the chassis to the compute cluster that it supports. 

0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

so this means lock does not mean one cannot modify tags because even one cannot modify those tags those are without lock.

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Unfortunately this is not the meaning as i tried with some lock icon tags in some i cannot drag the object but in some i can drag the object and apply the tags on them examples where i can apply the tag entire enterprise and untag. Now i believe this is used to represent only Pre-built tags.

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos