OsburnM
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

List VMs on Local Datastores

Jump to solution

Does anyone know how to create either a view, custom group, and/or dashboard that will list names of VMs that are on local datastores?  I know how to create a view to list Datastores that are local and have VMs on them; however, I'm looking for the reverse-- identify the VM names ON local datastores.  Any thoughts/ideas?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lannguyen
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes you will need to create a supermetric and apply it to Virtual Machines.  Here is the supermetric that I created for it. 

min(${adaptertype=VMWARE, objecttype=Datastore, metric=System Attributes|availability, depth=5, where = "summary|isLocal equals true"})

Personal blog VMignite.com

View solution in original post

3 Replies
lannguyen
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes you will need to create a supermetric and apply it to Virtual Machines.  Here is the supermetric that I created for it. 

min(${adaptertype=VMWARE, objecttype=Datastore, metric=System Attributes|availability, depth=5, where = "summary|isLocal equals true"})

View solution in original post

OsburnM
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

This is perfect!  View created & applied to Virtual Machine objects and the new view has been added to my weekly healthcheck dashboard.  Thanks again!

0 Kudos
lannguyen
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Nice, reason why its not on my health check dashboard is because it requires supermetric.  Also check out Host with Mismatch datastores.  http://www.vmignite.com/2019/04/vrops-how-to-find-out-which-clusters-have-inconsistent-datastores-mo...

0 Kudos