VMware Cloud Community
Souad90
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Limiting user's access to the defined alerts

Hi every one,

I am working on vRealize Operations Manager version 6.2. I created various groups and each group has diffirent permissions. I defined alerts for each group ( each group wants to see a diffirent kind of alerts). The problem is that I want to let the users to read only their alerts in the summary page not the alerts of other groups, and in the administration area, we can only say if the user can read or not all the alerts, there is no way to associate an alert to a group of users. I want to know, is it possible or not? How can we do it using PowerCLI ? Thank you for your help.

Souad

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can enable and disable alerts for different object groups by assigning different policies (with relevant alerts enabled or disabled). I don't think it is possible to hide or assign different alerts for different user groups today: if they are able to see alerts for certain objects, they will see all alerts.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can enable and disable alerts for different object groups by assigning different policies (with relevant alerts enabled or disabled). I don't think it is possible to hide or assign different alerts for different user groups today: if they are able to see alerts for certain objects, they will see all alerts.

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Likewise, in that Alert visibility is dependent upon access to the Objects the alerts are based upon. If a user has access to an object, that user will see associated alerts WITH that object. This comes down to object access controls and how you've got objects/containers of objects associated to user groups.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
Souad90
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes, I just realize that the way to do that is to create a a policy and associate this policy to a custom group, and give the same objects to the both : the custom group and the role of users.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Souad90
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

And then disable the alerts I dont want the group to get inside the policy.

0 Kudos