VMware Cloud Community
tropix
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Licensing: How to upgrade VSOM's vCOPS?

Hi all!

I'm looking for a management solution for virtual and physical environments. So I thought use vCOPS Enterprise. Smiley Happy

Today I have vCenter 5 + vSphere 5 Ent Plus for all my ESXi hosts.

I thought to do an upgrade to VSOM Ent Plus and after an vCOPS upgrade (to Enterprise version).

Is it possible? (I know that are a difference between VSOM and vCOPS licensing, by socket and per VMs.)

Thanks.

Best,

Eduardo.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

You can be entitled to vCOps advanced/enterprise by VM packs or per socket via the vCloud suite umbrella.

vSOM is just a licensing term for a method of packaging vCOps with other VMware products (vCenter/vSphere,etc). vSOM being a handy way to bundle everything together for SMBs and the like.

I'd suggest reaching out to your sales exec to see if they're running any upgrade promos.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

check this article as some starting point:
http://www.viktorious.nl/2013/02/14/vmware-vsom-vcops-licensing/

I don't know much about the licensing tricks though Smiley Sad

tropix
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hello gradinka.

Thanks for your reply.

I believe that there is no other way as buying vCOPS Enterprise per VMs (pack).

Best,

Eduardo.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

You can be entitled to vCOps advanced/enterprise by VM packs or per socket via the vCloud suite umbrella.

vSOM is just a licensing term for a method of packaging vCOps with other VMware products (vCenter/vSphere,etc). vSOM being a handy way to bundle everything together for SMBs and the like.

I'd suggest reaching out to your sales exec to see if they're running any upgrade promos.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.