VMware Cloud Community
Dryv
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Last Successfull Full Inventory

Hi All,

Simple question I'm sure, but I cannot find the answer. Where can I go find when the last successful full inventory/collection took place... and if its wasn't full i.e. partial for whatever reason, why it couldn't do a full collection of data?

Nice one

Dryv

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
carvaled
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I guess what you are looking for is for data completeness for each cycle? To determine what % of the inventory was collected last cycle?

To be honest i dont think this exists in this form... the only real way to see this in the gui is to go to the admin section of the ui and click collector groups...at the bottom you will see the number of objects.

Otherwise go to the inventory Explorer, look at "collection States"... you can kick off a fresh scan by using the "Discover Objects" button in the inventory explorer to kick off a fresh scan..  a popup will appear and you will need to fill in all the details.

Another way to do this is to create a report that runs at the vcenter level gets com of these counter or counts the # of objects or looks at the existing "number of hosts" etc...metrics over time...

Not sure if that answers your question...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Dryv
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hey Guys

Any pointers here please?

Dryv

0 Kudos
carvaled
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I guess what you are looking for is for data completeness for each cycle? To determine what % of the inventory was collected last cycle?

To be honest i dont think this exists in this form... the only real way to see this in the gui is to go to the admin section of the ui and click collector groups...at the bottom you will see the number of objects.

Otherwise go to the inventory Explorer, look at "collection States"... you can kick off a fresh scan by using the "Discover Objects" button in the inventory explorer to kick off a fresh scan..  a popup will appear and you will need to fill in all the details.

Another way to do this is to create a report that runs at the vcenter level gets com of these counter or counts the # of objects or looks at the existing "number of hosts" etc...metrics over time...

Not sure if that answers your question...

0 Kudos
carvaled
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

MetricCollection.png

It might be possible to track completeness by looking at the collector metrics...

0 Kudos
Dryv
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi vMan,

I'm not sure it answers the questions either Smiley Happy

However I will go away and explore the areas you have pointed out... Thank for your time and effort in responding, it is much appreciated.

Dryv

Tottom
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi there,

I tried the below but does not allow me to refresh the collect options. See image.

I am having Metric collection issues and that it also does not display any data on most metrics.

0 Kudos
carvaled
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

my guess is because all the object that vRops scanned already exist...

InventoryScan.png

When you ran the scan, did you have the Only New Objects selected? if so is that the screenshot you provided?

I get the same result as you when I do not select "Only new Objects" and run the scan, I cannot modify anything because it already all in the system.

InventoryScan2.png

Could you give a little bit more detail related to the missing metrics? is it on all types of objects? or just VM's, just a set of VM's etc??

Have you checked the performance tab in vCenter for these objects? are they reporting metrics in vCenter?

Does the account that vRops uses to connect to the VC have all the required permissions?

What does the collection state / status show?

InventoryScan3.png

0 Kudos