VMware Cloud Community
kiruka4
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Information from VCOPS and from top-command are not the same.

User complains that the machine does not have enough RAM. VCOP shows that everything is fine. Guest Active (KB) - 8,327,788  maximum for all time. A currently much less. top-command shows 10,600,000 Kb or higher. Where does vcops get the data? And how he can be trusted?

And one more question. how fast he draws graphics? Now 10:45 am but METRIC CHART is drawn only to 8,15 am (pic)

Tags (5)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I believe there's plenty of related info on those forums, do search a bit.

vc_ops takes the info from the same source by polling vCenter, which gets it from the corresponding ESX host(s).

However it's polling every 5mins and taking averaged values for that interval.

The time difference displayed points to time sync issues in the setup - make sure your vCenter and vc ops both are configured properly for NTP, and the time on both is the same.

Another reason may be if your browser (client machine) is in different timezone than what's configured on vc ops

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I believe there's plenty of related info on those forums, do search a bit.

vc_ops takes the info from the same source by polling vCenter, which gets it from the corresponding ESX host(s).

However it's polling every 5mins and taking averaged values for that interval.

The time difference displayed points to time sync issues in the setup - make sure your vCenter and vc ops both are configured properly for NTP, and the time on both is the same.

Another reason may be if your browser (client machine) is in different timezone than what's configured on vc ops

0 Kudos
kiruka4
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you very much. It was very helpful for me.

0 Kudos