VMware Cloud Community
jkstewie
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Incorrect User name/Password Custom UI

Having an issue trying to login to the Custom UI for Operations Manager.

This is a standard licensed installation that has been running for some time now. I recently upgraded the licence to Enterprise for an evaluation in order to trial it and clear an admin alert.

When logging in as admin, I get Incorrect User name/Password.

The admin password is correct, I can login to https://vcops/admin using the account, as well as logging in to each of the Analytics and UI vms.

I have also tried logging in with the default admin/admin.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Jason

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sateesh_vCloud
Jump to solution

reset VCOPS admin Password

1. cd to /usr/lib/vmware-vcops/user/conf/install and
  2. Type ./resetadminpwd.sh <newpassword>
  3. If you are still having issues logging in see if the account is locked out by typing su admin Twice -- It will show "Account locked due to xx failed login"
  4. Type "Pam_tally --user admin --reset" to reset.
  5. then reboot VCOPS
------------------------------------------------------------------------- Follow me @ www.vmwareguruz.com Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you found it useful T. Sateesh VCIX-NV, VCAP 5-DCA/DCD,VCP 6-NV,VCP 5 DCV/Cloud/DT, ZCP IBM India Pvt. Ltd

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Sateesh_vCloud
Jump to solution

reset VCOPS admin Password

1. cd to /usr/lib/vmware-vcops/user/conf/install and
  2. Type ./resetadminpwd.sh <newpassword>
  3. If you are still having issues logging in see if the account is locked out by typing su admin Twice -- It will show "Account locked due to xx failed login"
  4. Type "Pam_tally --user admin --reset" to reset.
  5. then reboot VCOPS
------------------------------------------------------------------------- Follow me @ www.vmwareguruz.com Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you found it useful T. Sateesh VCIX-NV, VCAP 5-DCA/DCD,VCP 6-NV,VCP 5 DCV/Cloud/DT, ZCP IBM India Pvt. Ltd