VMware Cloud Community
Gabrie1
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hyper-V VMs showing just a few metrics

We're testing vROPS 8.6.2 advanced with the vRealize True Visibility Management Pack for Microsoft Hyper-V (8.0.0.20211103.150712).

I noticed that on a Hyper-V VM, I can only see a very limited number of metrics, plus some of them don't seem to work.

For example, the CPU metrics only show "CPU Utilization (%)", that's it. Plus this shows a value of 0% while it is a very busy VM and in SCVMM I can see the CPU graphs confirming it is very busy.

For the disk metric, I can only see "Disk I/O (operations/s) as the only disk metric which is also showing a value of 0. 

For this VM, I also have other objects, showing all the virtual harddisks as separate objects. But also opening these harddisk metrics, there is a very limited set of metrics that are useful. 

Looking at the host the VM is running on, I again get a very limited set of metrics, but I do get correct values. For example "CPU Utilization (%)" shows values that match the load of the host I'm seeing in SCVMM.

Is there something I'm missing? Something I've forgotten to enable or change?

http://www.GabesVirtualWorld.com
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sennevanlaer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

check this:

Management Pack for Microsoft Hyper-V (vmware.com)

ther is some requirement info and troubleshooting guidance.

btw: it's certainly true you get less metrics for a hyper-V vm than for a vmware vm. Only having "cpu utilization %" as cpu metric is expected behavior

Metrics (Hyper-V) (vmware.com)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
sennevanlaer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

check this:

Management Pack for Microsoft Hyper-V (vmware.com)

ther is some requirement info and troubleshooting guidance.

btw: it's certainly true you get less metrics for a hyper-V vm than for a vmware vm. Only having "cpu utilization %" as cpu metric is expected behavior

Metrics (Hyper-V) (vmware.com)