VMware Cloud Community
GaneshShastri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How to monitor vCenter Adapter instances from vROps Federation

Hello All,

Is there any way or possibilities to monitor vCenter Adpater instances from vROps Federation Service which is hosted in different vrops server.

If it's able to do, kindly let me know the process, so that i can create View / Custom dashboard to view all VC Adapter Instances to display in my bigger screen. If any of the adapter instances has down in any of environment so that i can immediately checkin, instead of login to each vROps server.

Regards

GaneshS

0 Kudos
4 Replies
FredGSanford
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You can create a view with subject "FDR_VMWARE, vCenter Server (Federated).  Under Data, select metric "Badge Health %".

badge.png

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

I took a quick look. Do you have the view done on the non federated instances. I can seem to work that out.

If you do then you need to make sure the objects and the metrics are in the configuration file for the federated instance and you should be able to reproduce

0 Kudos
GaneshShastri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Fred,

I can produce the data by using vCenter Server (Federated) Subject - and Selecting Metrics as Badge|Health% & Badge|Risk%.

Here i have one problem. Some vCenters shows Collection State as Collecting and Collection Status as Object Down.

pastedImage_0.png

For these kind of entries also it shows Health is 100% and Risk is 0%. How do i need work on this.

If it's possible by updating federation_config.xml

0 Kudos
FredGSanford
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

On the Federator, create a new dashboard.  Add an object list, point it to object types, vcenter server (federated).  You will see collection state and collection status.

0 Kudos