VMware Cloud Community
gregbo8
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to make the Recommendations tab the default

When I first installed vROps, the Recommendations tab was always the first one displayed when I logged in.  Now, after installing the NSX solution pack, an NSX dashboard is always the first one displayed.  I've changed the order of the dashboards, but it didn't change.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gregbo8
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I figured out what the issue was.  I was logged in as a regular user.  When I logged in as the Admin user and changed which Dashboard was the default, it worked.  I'm just guessing, but it might have had something to do with the fact that the NSX Dashboards that were installed were shared (and thus a regular user couldn't make modifications).  I probably missed something obvious in the docs, but wanted to put this in just in case someone else ran into the same issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Edit the dashboard that you wish to make "default" per the screenshot below. When you turn 'on' default for another dashboard it'll take the 'default' flag away from your old dashboard that had it.

Screen Shot 2015-12-14 at 11.46.43 AM.png

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
gregbo8
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I tried that, and it did not work.  I set Recommendations as default, logged out, closed my browser, then went back in.  NSX is still the first dashboard that comes up.  I also tried making another dashboard the default, and it still has the NSX dashboard showing up when i log in.

0 Kudos
gregbo8
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I figured out what the issue was.  I was logged in as a regular user.  When I logged in as the Admin user and changed which Dashboard was the default, it worked.  I'm just guessing, but it might have had something to do with the fact that the NSX Dashboards that were installed were shared (and thus a regular user couldn't make modifications).  I probably missed something obvious in the docs, but wanted to put this in just in case someone else ran into the same issue.

0 Kudos