VMware Cloud Community
Neird
Contributor
Contributor

How to increase number of properties shown in the vROps dashboard

I'm trying to show Load Balancer properties using property widget. When I click on the Load balancer object list, that load balancer properties will be shown in the property widget. However, only ten (10) items is being showed automatically. Is there a way to increase the number of properties being shown?

When I turn on the self-provider and manually selected all the properties of one load balance, it shows all the properties I selected even I selected more than 10 properties. I don't want to use the self-provider so that only the properties of the load balance being click on the object list will be shown.

Hope someone can help.

Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

Correct me if i am wrong but you are using an onject list widget filtered to show toyr LB. the interactions feed into a properties widget that shows 10 OOTB properties.

You want to have more than the default ones. If this is correct it is simply create a metric config (If the management pack has them listed)

1. go to administration tab
  2. on left select configuration
  3. there should be Metric configurations
  4. select reskndmetric
  5. create a new one (green +)
  6. Give it a name and click ok
  7. select the adapter kind drop down and select the adapter that the object is under and click go ( will insert it into the xml for you)
  8. select the resource kind drop down and select the resource for the metric
  9. select the metric key and select the properties you want

When you create the dashboard select the name you gave the metric config when configuring the property widget ( Metric configuration dropdown).

If the properties you are after are not listed create a dashboard with the properties list using the self provider and the properties toy are after and when finished export the dashboard and copy out the properties ( will have the correct format) into the metric config.

Hope this helps and if you have any questions pleas ask as this is moving into more advanced vrops confoguration

0 Kudos
Neird
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks sxnxr! We already tried to create a metric config using "NSX Adapter" with "NSX-vSphere Edge Load Balancer Service" but Property are not present only the metric key. Is that available on vROps 6.4?

Thanks.

0 Kudos