VMware Cloud Community
BobWu
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

How to generate a TOP N type report with vRops6.0?

Hi ,

I have a customer they want to generate a report with top N style like presented in the Dashboard? thanks.

regards,

Bob

0 Kudos
6 Replies
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Ho BobWu,

at present, reports can only contain data in tabular format or pie/bar chart.

It is not possible to have the same view as in top-n widget.

I can suggest toplay around with the available view/report options and see whether some configuration will fit your needs.

0 Kudos
BobWu
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Gradinka,

Thanks for your reply firstly.

I have generated a report with descending sort CPU usage as attached file. But I cannot find method how to show only 10 hosts with the highest CPU usage.

Appreciate if you could give me some guides. Smiley Happy

Regards,

Bob

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

If you're doing a list style of a view, you can set the page size to 'limit' the size of the list that will carry over in to the View widget implementations of that view. It won't help you much on the CSV reports, though. No filters are there for limiting quantity of rows/items.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
BobWu
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Mark,

Do you mean that I can set "configuration" to a limit during customizing view? I set 'configuration' to '10' as attached screen. but I did not find any change in pdf type report depending on this view.

or any other config needs to be set? thanks.

regards,

Bob

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

That what what I'd mentioned about the view limit, it only applies to View widget implementations of Views and won't impact reports.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
eric_silberberg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Looking for same functionality.

0 Kudos