VMware Cloud Community
MrBeatnik
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

How to edit emailfilter.xml on vApp?

Hi folks.

So, my Linux skills are pretty shaky, to say the least.

We ahve the vApp vCops for Horizon eval (5.7), and I'd like to set up some reporting.

Reading through the manual, it appears I have to edit the emailfilter.xml on the Analytics VM.

Can someone explain the best way to do that? And where is the file?

I can log into the VM as root... do I have to edit the file directly using VI?

Any good suggestions on working in this method?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

emailFilter.xml is for creating filter rules for SMTP-based alerts.

You can SSH in to the Analytics VM and vi edit emailFilter.xml... OR if your Linux skills are lacking you can use a SCP client (WinSCP, Fugu, etc), and edit the file via a pretty GUI.

File is here: /usr/lib/vmware-vcops/user/plugins/outbound/filter_alertplugin/conf/emailFilter.xml

If you want to find a file in the future, you can do this command:  find / -name emailFilter.xml

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

emailFilter.xml is for creating filter rules for SMTP-based alerts.

You can SSH in to the Analytics VM and vi edit emailFilter.xml... OR if your Linux skills are lacking you can use a SCP client (WinSCP, Fugu, etc), and edit the file via a pretty GUI.

File is here: /usr/lib/vmware-vcops/user/plugins/outbound/filter_alertplugin/conf/emailFilter.xml

If you want to find a file in the future, you can do this command:  find / -name emailFilter.xml

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
MrBeatnik
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi Mark,

I tried find / -name emailFilter.xml before, but nothing showed up initially... I guess I wasn't at the right level.

I was more curious if there was a method of editing this from the custom-ui or, or something similar. Well.. VI here I come (it's been a long time.. better get some command cheat sheet ready).

Thanks for the advice!

0 Kudos