VMware Cloud Community
Mithilesh_Singh
Contributor
Contributor

How to disable schedule jobs from vROPS

Hello All,

I need your help to understand and disable the Job scheduled from vROPS.

My one colleague has scheduled some jobs to collect the report on daily\weekly basis from vROPS. This Jobs collect the report and send us through email. Now, he has left the company and his ID is disabled from the Active Directory but still we are getting emails as per scheduled(All email do not have attachments). I tried to disabled those jobs but i am not able to see the schedule jobs which is configured by his IDs.

is there any options which i can use to see how many jobs are setup with whom IDs and deleted as per requirement.

Regards

Mithilesh Singh

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ooajala
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Singh,

Have you tried logging into the Local Users with admin account?

Once you get access, you should be able to navigate to Content > Reports > Find the report(s) that he has setup, it should look something like this:

pastedImage_1.png

Click on Schedules and you will see the below screen:

pastedImage_2.png

From there you can click on the 'X' to delete the scheduled report.

--
*** If you like my response, please click "Like" below, if you think I answered your question to the best of my abilities, please mark post as Correct Answer ***

3x vROps Environments implemented across my organization. VDI vROPs 8.4 ::: Epic vROPs 8.4 ::: Shared vROPs 7.0
vROPs Adapters in use: EpicCare & Horizon View Adapter 2.1
0 Kudos
aaghabekyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Guys,

Actually the way suggested by ooajala would not work in this case, since even the admin user is not be able to see schedules set by others. But there is a workaround, you can login as admin, then clone a new the report template from existing one, then remove the old scheduled report. In this case it should work

0 Kudos
ooajala
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

That is why I mentioned if/when he does get access to the user account login, that is the process of how he would go about disabling the scheduled job.

--
*** If you like my response, please click "Like" below, if you think I answered your question to the best of my abilities, please mark post as Correct Answer ***

3x vROps Environments implemented across my organization. VDI vROPs 8.4 ::: Epic vROPs 8.4 ::: Shared vROPs 7.0
0 Kudos
Mithilesh_Singh
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

Thanks for your input, yeah.. its correct. I can only see which are scheduled by me but it is not correct way to fix the issue. If I clone and delete the original one, does it impact to those scheduled hobs which are configured with my ID. Is there any other way to fix this issue.

Regards

Mithilesh Singh

0 Kudos
ooajala
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If there is no way around it, I would suggest submitting an SR so VMware can help disable the job from that user account from the backend.

--

0 Kudos
aaghabekyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Can you try to delete that user from vRops? from Access Control page

0 Kudos
Ravinred
Contributor
Contributor

Go to Administration >Outbound settings> select the instance name and you can click the disable button.

Thanks

ra

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Ravinred​ not only are you responding to a nearly 3-year-old thread, but your response has nothing whatsoever to do with OP's question.

0 Kudos