VMware Cloud Community
Compono
Contributor
Contributor

How to delete adapterkind and resourcekind in API

I've created a couple of adapterkinds and resourcekinds I want to get rid of.  Is there a way to do that with the API?

If not is there a way to change characteristics of them, such as adding/modifying the resourceIdentifiers and/or resourceKindKey associated with a resourceKind?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

That should be covered in the API docs. What version?

0 Kudos
Compono
Contributor
Contributor

vROps 7 with the security patch.

I've looked all through the API guide on my vROps nodes and through all the data structures and haven't been able to find anything.  Deleting resources sure, but the adapterKind and resourceKind don't seem to have a method to delete or redefine them once they are created and initially defined.  For instance, I've created several resourceKinds with just one identifierType in the resourceIdentifiers.  But after working building out the structures several more resourceIdentifiers should be added to the different resourceKinds.  But I've looked everywhere and tried every combination I can think of and I haven't been able to add  identifierTypes.  One or two resourceKindKeys turned out to be cumbersome and less that good names, can't figure out how to either change or delete them so I can create them with better names.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

I bet jddias​ knows off the top of his head.

0 Kudos
jddias
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thanks for tagging me!  Those APIs don't exist - I'll reach out to engineering to see what options you have.

Visit my blog for vCloud Management tips and tricks - http://www.storagegumbo.com
0 Kudos
Compono
Contributor
Contributor

Any joy on this question?
0 Kudos
jddias
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Sorry, I did get a response from engineering that there are no APIs to delete adapterKind and resourceKind.

Visit my blog for vCloud Management tips and tricks - http://www.storagegumbo.com
0 Kudos