Using vROPs I am planning to create a dashboard where I want to check hosts and VMs configuration. If the configuration is not matching with the required details mentioned by me then it should generate alert.
Below are 4 examples for which I want to configure alerts:
1. How to configure alerts for such VMs and hosts configuration validation?
2. Can we run a script/command from vROPs which will execute on ESXi server, to check such configuration validation?
3. Is there any alternative solution for this kind of work?
How can I do this using VMware powerCLI?
I hear that you wanted to first fetch the results of each query from the host and then compare with the threshold/expected value ?
I do not think that we can do it as we do not have any repository to store the values for comparison. However you can create a custom alerts wherein you can modify the threshold values like "Create an alert if the NIC flap occurs or if the NIOC values hits beyond 80% " Etc ( example)
I think you can try this with help of powercli by creating the sample report and then use lookup or compare commands
I found below article where we can push data programmatically to vROPs.
So steps would be:
1. Gather all required information from vCenter Server using power cli
2. Create json file with all these data
3. Push this data to vROPs using REST API
4. Inside vROPs we can write Alerts based on Symptom definition and Alert Definitions.
So my question is, how can I get ESXi host configurations?
Example: vm-support is gathering all ESXi and VM configuration information. Similarly can I write programs which will gather hosts configuration information from hosts?