VMware Cloud Community
Rah201110141
Contributor
Contributor

How to add custom Dashboard and widgets to vCOPS 6.0

I have installed a solution to vCOPS as PAK file, but now i want to add customized dashboard so that i can show my data collected from adapter

18 Replies
aaghabekyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Go to Content->Dashboards,  Add Dashboard

0 Kudos
MartiGoranova
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Here's a scenario on how to create a custom dashboard and configure the widgets. The scenario is with specific widgets, but the overall process is the same.

vRealize Operations Manager 6.0 Documentation Center

AurelienBEGOU
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying also to add a new custom dashboard, i have followed the documentation.

The issue is that with the "admin" account i don't have the plus sign to create a dashboard.

On the Home page i only have "Remove Dashboard fro Menu" and "Reorder/Autoswitch Dashboard"

On the Content page => Dashboard, i have the same than before plus, "Manage Summary Dashboard", "Manager Tab Groups" and "Share Dashboard"

version: 6.0.0.2263110 (OVA deployed)

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
aaghabekyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

It seems you (user who logged into system) have not permission to create dashboard, ask your administrator to enable necessary permissions to you.

0 Kudos
AurelienBEGOU
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm agree with you, it seems that i don't have enough right but...

- I'm using the admin account who have the most rights on the system "All Roles, All Objects"

So it's a little bit confusing!

0 Kudos
aaghabekyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes it looks strange, can you please recheck again if the user (in your case admin) has permission to create Dashboard, and if it is possible please generate and send me User Audit report, where detailed mentioned User/ Role/ Access Right.

0 Kudos
AurelienBEGOU
Contributor
Contributor

Checked and for me the user admin can't have more rights. Smiley Happy

I tried to create a new local account and give him the Dashboard rights (user: aurelien) and it's not working also.

The report in attachment.

0 Kudos
aaghabekyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I reviewed your report user aurelien has enough permissions to create dashboard, by other words + button should be available for  user aurelien.

Last question  what browser are you using?

0 Kudos
AurelienBEGOU
Contributor
Contributor

I tested on:

- Firefox (35.0.1)

- Chrome (40.0.2214.111 )

0 Kudos
aaghabekyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Seems something is going wrong in your setup, need setup investigation

0 Kudos
AurelienBEGOU
Contributor
Contributor

It's a fresh deployment of the OVA.

What could cause this issue in the setup? do you have some idea?

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
aaghabekyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The last thing that I would like to know, could you please recheck and let me know, do add,clone,edit,import,export buttons appear on Reports page? and if it is possible please provide what license are you using.

0 Kudos
AurelienBEGOU
Contributor
Contributor

I can do delete, run, export.

For the license it's "vRealize Operations Management Suite 6 Standard Edition for vCenter Operations"

0 Kudos
aaghabekyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

So Add and import report are also absent?

0 Kudos
AurelienBEGOU
Contributor
Contributor

I confirm, i don't have add and import

0 Kudos
aaghabekyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi, I think the problem is related to license key that you are using, please contact to VMware support team for troubleshooting license key issues.

0 Kudos
AurelienBEGOU
Contributor
Contributor

Ok thanks a lot for your help

0 Kudos
jhoppe51
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever resolve this?  I also am missing the button to add dashboards, regardless of which account or permissions I am using.

I have a mix of Enterprise and Enterprise Plus licenses,  The version I am running shows as 6.0.2523165

0 Kudos