VMware Cloud Community
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

How can find objects that cause cpu usage or memory usage via VROPS after install epops

Dear all

Hi

quote  vmware vrealize  document  "

vRealize Operations Manager is running but you have not yet deployed the

End Point Operations Management agent in your environment. You configured

vRealize Operations Manager to send you alerts when CPU problems occur. You see an alert on your

dashboard because insufficient CPU capacity is available on one of your virtual machines that is running

a Linux operating system. You deploy another two virtual CPUs but the alert remains. You struggle to

determine what is causing the problem.

In the same situation, if you deployed the End Point Operations Management agent, you can see the

objects on your virtual machines, and determine that an application-type object is using all available CPU

capacity. When you add more CPU capacity, it also uses that. You disable the object and your CPU

availability is no longer a problem."

in this senario said  "

you can see the

objects on your virtual machines, and determine that an application-type object is using all available CPU

capacity."

now i have installed epops agent on one of my vms and in metrics i just can see objects such as UTILIZATION , AVAILABLITY , NETWORK INTERFACE and ... and for example in UTILIZATION

i can see CPU uSAGE % and ...  but now for example according above senario if i have high cpu usage where can i see which object has been caused ? i could not find any metrics about that it just show cpu usage percentage

BR

Babak

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

From what i understand you dont get application level metrics from the EOPS agent out of the box. You will need to install the application management pack to get those details. I also dont think that many management packs these days use the EOPS agent and instead do API calls to the application. I see the eops agent becoming less and less important especial with 7.5 and the native application monitoring and the in guest cpu and memory metrics you can now get OOTB

Also most application management packs require vrops enterprise edition

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

From what i understand you dont get application level metrics from the EOPS agent out of the box. You will need to install the application management pack to get those details. I also dont think that many management packs these days use the EOPS agent and instead do API calls to the application. I see the eops agent becoming less and less important especial with 7.5 and the native application monitoring and the in guest cpu and memory metrics you can now get OOTB

Also most application management packs require vrops enterprise edition

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

so thanks i have enterprise edition

where can i get application management pack ?

Is that free or not ?

BR

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Depends on the management pack and who made it

VMware Solution Exchange

baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

How can understand which one is free or not before install that ?

Is that possible ?

BR

babak

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

To narrow it down. Blue Madora ones for vrops are not free. It should tell you when you try to download it

0 Kudos