VMware Cloud Community
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

How can extend vrops guest's disk ?

Hi

I am using vrops 8.0.1 . Today in vrops show this alarm for vrops machine One or more virtual machine guest file systems are running out of disk space

and due to ssh to vrops machine I saw follow pic . now how can increase the disk ?

BR

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

thanks.

The problem solved . we had to reboot node or restart syslog service

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Do you know where in / this space is being held? Do you know why that is? Have you checked to see if it's legitimate or not? If the answer to any of these questions are "no" then you probably shouldn't be trying to extend the drive. When something is 100% full, that doesn't mean the first reaction is "let's give it even more space!" It means you figure out the answers to those questions and see if you should be doing it at all.

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Actually the answer to questions is NO. Because I did not any thing in vrops for example change the time of keep logs or history and ...

Would you please help now to solve it ?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If the answers to all those questions are "no" then start answering them. Start with this:

Do you know where in / this space is being held?

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Thanks

But I just know / is reside on /dev/sda4 and in the / there is one main folder ( /storage that contain db and log folder )

most of the space has been used by db it is used more than 14 GB.

BR

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I would open a SR because that database probably isn't supposed to grow to that size. I also wouldn't go adding space to this disk either unless they have determined it's legitimate (which I doubt).

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Unfortunately , I am using trial version now . Can open SR ?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Does this issue appear for anyone ?

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

go to environment and select the vrealize operations cluster expand the master node ad select the all metrics, disk and you can see

pastedImage_0.png

I would guess that as you are on a trial version that this went in not that log ago. It will keep filling up the database till it gets to the time you set in your global settings. TBH 14GB is not that much. I have on a couple had to increase storage a couple of times until it flattens out. I would start to worry if you have it keeping 6 month of data and you see a bug jump in usage. Also dont forget the Additional time series setting. This can take up a lot of space to as it defaults to 3 years i think. As this is a trial and if you have had it in longer than 6 month change this setting to 0 month ad see if it dropes the space usage down.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Look at his second screenshot. The file system which is out of space is not the one for the main objects DB, which is mounted separately. It's one of the FSDBs.

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Yep completely missed the second screenshot. I have never has the root partition fill up so i agree with daphnissov

0 Kudos
baber
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

thanks.

The problem solved . we had to reboot node or restart syslog service

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

So then how about coming back to post the solution and marking your own reply as correct? You know, doing the right thing?

0 Kudos