VMware Cloud Community
Dave_McD
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hosts showing Red after disconnecting datastore

I am running vCops 4.1 Build 677931 Standard. After I removed an RDM which I did not require any more all my Production cluster hosts are now showing Red with the following faults:

Lost Storage Connectivity and SCSI device removed or permanently inaccessible.

No VM in the cluster requires this RDM so why is it showing as a fault and what can I do to clear the faults?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Dave,

1) Faults you can cancel from Alerts page. Once cancelled, that will clear your Health score.

Essentially Faults are issues reported directly from the VC - they are not 'deduced' in any way by vcops' internal analytics/logic.

2) VCOps build #677931 is version 5.0.1 GA - there is a 5.0.2 available, you might consider upgrade to it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Dave,

1) Faults you can cancel from Alerts page. Once cancelled, that will clear your Health score.

Essentially Faults are issues reported directly from the VC - they are not 'deduced' in any way by vcops' internal analytics/logic.

2) VCOps build #677931 is version 5.0.1 GA - there is a 5.0.2 available, you might consider upgrade to it.

0 Kudos
ServiceOptimi
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

this worked on my enterprise v5 vapp. thanks.

0 Kudos
Dave_McD
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

OK, 1 of the hosts is still reporting the faults but I can not see the faults under Alerts to cancel them. I have a feeling I may have suppressed or suspended them.

How can I see the faults to cancel them?

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

try changing setting for "Generate alerts on individual faults" from the configurations menu

this might show the hidden faults

0 Kudos
Dave_McD
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The faults were not showing under the Alertts page, however they were under the Dashboard page, so I was able to cancel them from there.

0 Kudos