VMware Cloud Community
seanhvw
Contributor
Contributor

Host missing from VCOPS

Currently running VCOPs 5.8. All of my host are showing with the exception of one in a 3 host cluster. I have placed the server in Maintenance Mode and restarted both the host and the VCOPs app with no change. Anyone have any ideas where I can troubleshoot next?

Tier3_.jpg

0 Kudos
13 Replies
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Its a known issue. Refer this KB Article

VMware KB: ESXi/ESX hosts no longer present in the VMware vCenter Operations Manager inventory

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

yep, most likely you have to clear the maintenance mode from custom-ui.

As a new feature in 5.8, vcops will now track the maintenance mode for hosts and hides them from the inventory.

0 Kudos
dsohayda
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the link.

I'm so glad I upgraded to vcops 5.8. it's super helpful to only be able to see 2 of my hosts...

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

dsohayda wrote:

I'm so glad I upgraded to vcops 5.8. it's super helpful to only be able to see 2 of my hosts...

what are you referring to?

0 Kudos
dsohayda
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

sorry, i was being sarcastic. I updated to 5.8 and it broke my dashboard and reports. Luckily there's a workaround for the one problem, but it's still frustrating to upgrade to fix an issue only to have two more things break.

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Oh.

0 Kudos
ringram86
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue - in some instances a number of hosts which aren't in maintenance are disappearing.

0 Kudos
ringram86
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue on 5.8 - I used VUM to patch one cluster in particular and all hosts have disappeared, any VMs on those hosts say they are children of a "discovered virtual machine" group rather than the hosts.

In the environment on the dashboard page the cluster does report the hosts should be there...

hosts.png

Even having followed the KB article (we do not have advanced so the custom dash wasn't viable) we still have the issue having made the DB change - the query did display the hosts in maintenance, and no longer listed them post change.

Is there any sign of a fix?

0 Kudos
bouke
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Also having the same issue. Just filed a support request.

Oh no, another Virtualisation signature...
0 Kudos
ringram86
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Bouke, I have had some joy with this. I raised a support request and the engineer provided me with an update package which has resolved this issue.

Hopefully you will have some success also.

0 Kudos
bouke
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Thanks, I did got that hotfix pack. Works great.

Oh no, another Virtualisation signature...
0 Kudos
Ramraj_4k
Contributor
Contributor

• In Environment Overview console (custom UI URL)

• Validated problematic  esxi is in maintenance mode or not ?

• Check any metrics are collecting from this host or not ? if no metrics are collecting from this host, host health status must be reporting as question mark:smileyconfused:

• Manually Remov Esxi host from Environment's resource console and Re-scan the resource. (It’s clean up the stale data from the DB). and restart the Vcops - service.

• Same esxi in Vcops – Vshere console will be reporting again.

Note : No need to execute any comments on the Analytics VM for the stale data cleanup on the DB level.... Executed the same steps and fixed the issue

0 Kudos
ringram86
Contributor
Contributor

Ramraj, this has been resolved by a patch. If it isn't already available request it by logging a support call.

0 Kudos