VMware Cloud Community
Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hide objects in UI interface

Hi all,

I would like to hide from view IU vCOPS show me objects in gray refer to folder or VMs off. I tried to set the No Access on a folder where there are a number of VMs always off, but I have not solved anything.

Any suggestions?

Matrix

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
aaghabekyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I am not sure, that it is a answer to your question, but for example in VC Relationshp widget you can hide gray objects, in Status Filter just deselect Show/Hide objects with Powered Off values.

0 Kudos
Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you for your answer, but I would like to hide these objects in UI view.

Matrix

0 Kudos
bouke
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

There is the 'Global -> vCenter Operations Manager Admin' and 'Global -> vCenter Operations Manager User' priviledge which can be disabled for certain roles and you could setup a complex roles on folder architecture. That should work - my collegue didn't had the priviledge in his attached role and he was only able to see the object where he had the priviledge in the role...

Oh no, another Virtualisation signature...
0 Kudos
Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'll try... Thank you very much...

Just a question. If a user does not have one of these privileges, what happen if he login to UI view?

Matrix

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

If a user doesn't have privileges to something, it just won't appear to them.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes Mark.J. I know... But I have configured on a folder vSphere No access (with propagate) to the user that vCOPS uses for collection. The folder does not appears in UI, but the VMs into the folder yes. Why?

Thank you  for your support.

Matrix

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The VM & Template and Host & Cluster security hierarchies are different. You may have block access in VM & Templates, but it's still getting access to the VMs 'likely' from the Datacenter entity.

We strongly recommend against blockin access to VMs in shared/heterogenious infrastructures and recommend the smallest chunk of monitored resources be the cluster-level. To block access to pockets of the monitored infrastructure, such as VMs, can created "blind-spots" in capacity planning and severely imper the product's ability to make accurate assessments/predictions.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ok, thank you very much

Matrix

0 Kudos