VMware Cloud Community
JLogan2016
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Heatmap interactions

I noticed some odd behavior recently, and wanted to see if anyone else has seen similar. I recently spun up a vRealize environment for a company, encompassing 3 vCenters. For the first week of collecting data, everything has been working just as I would expect. I came in yesterday, however, and noticed that the interactivity on the home page heat maps is gone. In the screenshot below is an example of what I am seeing:

HeatMap.png

Previous to yesterday (and in all deployments I have done in the past), I can hover over any of the colored squares in the heatmap and I will receive a popup with machine info for that object. Suddenly this functionality is gone; hovering over the squares returns no information. I have tried in different browsers and on different machines. The rest of the views seem to be working just fine, but I use this Health Overview as my first stop every morning; just curious if anyone has an idea on why this would cease to function.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JLogan2016
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I would also like to point out that the heat map IS updating. As I go back in time along the bottom row of the map, I can see the squares changing color as their health changes, so I know it is working. Just can't fathom why I can no longer hover over it to bring up the machine-specific information.

0 Kudos
lannguyen
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Try cleaning out your browser cache

Personal blog VMignite.com
0 Kudos
JLogan2016
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply. As I mentioned, this is happening across browsers and even on different machines. I did clear cache just because I don't want to not try something, but that is not the issue.

0 Kudos