VMware Cloud Community
andypollino
Contributor
Contributor

Getting more error info for Outbound REST POST call

Howdy folks,

I'm brand new to vmware so please be patient if some of my vocabulary is incorrect. I'll try to be as clear as possible.

What I'm trying to accomplish is creating a record in ServiceNow (our company's ticketing platform) when an alert is generated. Somebody else configured that, and they ended up giving me access to the outbound settings of vRealize Operations Manager (in the administration area). When I edit this Outbound Instance, I'm given the options defined here:

Add a REST Plug-In for vRealize Operations Manager Outbound Alerts

I fill in the info with an account that has credentials in ServiceNow, a URL that SeviceNow is listening on (SN expects the alertID param in the POST call), and then I click "TEST". I'm presented with the following error:

pastedImage_1.png

This is not enough information for me to work with. I've sent Powershell REST calls using the same URL (with a fabricated alertID) and credentials, and I've gotten my 201 response code (aka successfully posting). Is there any way for me to capture the response code and body that my Outbound Instance is receiving? Alternatively, is there any way for me to capture the REST call it's attempting to send before it gets to ServiceNow?

If there's any additional information I can provide, please let me know.

2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

This appears to be a vROps question and not a vRA question. That said, you can check the logs under Administration (don't remember which file) to see if it built the REST call and why it failed.

sxnxr
Commander
Commander

We found this to be a bug in vrops. When we are testing our outbound rest settings we also get failures the same as this but it was posting the test event on our system. We didn't trouble shoot locally on vrops as it was posting to our endpoint.

Our setup is different than yours but ends up creating tickets in service now

0 Kudos