VMware Cloud Community
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Get a count of the number of 8vcpu Vms in a cluster

I am looking to simply have a column on an object widget that will show how many VMs in the cluster have 8vcpu but i cant seem to work out the SM for it. Can anyone help.

I am not after a pie chart or anything just a simple column to add to an existing object widget that is focused on cluster compute resource

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dtaliafe
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

This should count the number of VMs with 8 vCPUs.  It requires vROps 6.3 for the new "where" clause to work.

count(${adaptertype=VMWARE, objecttype=VirtualMachine, metric=config|hardware|num_Cpu, depth=3, where = "==8"})

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
dtaliafe
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

This should count the number of VMs with 8 vCPUs.  It requires vROps 6.3 for the new "where" clause to work.

count(${adaptertype=VMWARE, objecttype=VirtualMachine, metric=config|hardware|num_Cpu, depth=3, where = "==8"})

0 Kudos
mikegelhar_bby
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm guessing you only want to list the VMs with 8 CPUs, but if you can use a list of all CPU counts a simple way is the add a column to the object list using the Configuration|Hardware|Number of CPUs metric. (sample screenshot provided)

If showing only VMs with 8 CPUs is important, another option might be to create a custom group with VMs as the object type, selecting the Configuration|Hardware|Number of CPUs property and set it to is 8. (sample screenshot provided) Then in your object widget, filter the objects to that custom group.

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

mikegelhar_bby i was after a count of vms not a list of vms that have 8 vcpu.

The super metric in the correct answer is what i was after and gives me the below column that counts the number of vms in the cluster that has 8 vcpus

8vcpu count.png

0 Kudos
Mike_Gelhar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Excellent! The status was still unanswered when I replied so I'm glad you got your info. Thanks for the screenshot too.

0 Kudos