VMware Cloud Community
Souad90
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Generating reports problem: Long Timing and no data

Hello everyone,

Please I have a problem when generating a report. My report has 22 views and dashboards. Before I could generate it without waiting too much. Now It takes so much time and the contents of all the dashboards are not shawing (No data).

Do you have any idea why is it like that? For information, all the values of the vROPs VM are genrally good. Just the virtual Disk IOPS are up to 362.63 IOPS.

Do I have to restart the VM?

Thank you in advance.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Souad90
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The only slowness is the report generation. I tried everything, like uncheck CSV format, excluding the dashboard ... it takes too much time till I restarted the master node and data nodes, then everyting was ok.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Souad90
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

In the report, I am using 10 super metrics calculated in 10 views, and in the same report I have 10 dashboards.

The processing is so long and I know its obvious but the generated report has no data.

Any idea?

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

I have some similar problems with one of my environments and VMware say my nodes are not sized correctly but i am having problems with VMware themselves deciding on what method should be used to size it. I am convinced there is something wrong with the cluster. Is you cluster running slow in any other aspect like loading dashboards, filling in the details of the cluster management page or time outs or is the only slowness the report generation.

If it is just the report generation try creating it as a PDF only and then a CSV only and see which one it taking longer. You could also try removing views/dashboards from the report and add them in one at a time and see if it is one element causing it.

0 Kudos
Souad90
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The only slowness is the report generation. I tried everything, like uncheck CSV format, excluding the dashboard ... it takes too much time till I restarted the master node and data nodes, then everyting was ok.

0 Kudos