VMware Cloud Community
gdfulkerson
Contributor
Contributor

Generating 95th Percentiles from vROps

I am wanting to report on the 95th Percentile for metrics like CPU utilization and Memory utilization across a 30 day period.  Does anyone know of a way to get vROps to generate and provide these values from the collected metric data without having to extract 30 days’ worth of data and then do the calculation external to vROps?

I have searched and searched and have not been able to find a good approach. I understand that vROps has a Forensic Widget that can display the 95th Percentile on a Dashboard, but is there a way to export that value?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Use the forensics widget. There is no way to export the value or embed it in to a View/Report. Best way would be to export the raw data/ts data and throw the time series rows in to a excel formula seeking the 95th percentile.

See attached.

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 10.14.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 10.16.10 AM.png

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
gdfulkerson
Contributor
Contributor

Supermacros couldn't be leveraged could they?

Thanks

0 Kudos
RobertMesropyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Upconing vRops 6.7 already supports Percentile in List views.
0 Kudos
gdfulkerson
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the heads up on the new feature.  Will the list view allow exporting the percentile values from vROps?  In essence I want to be able to export the 95th Percentile of a metric for all VMs into an external tool for further analysis and reporting.

0 Kudos
RobertMesropyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes, you always can generated CSV report with such view

0 Kudos