VMware Cloud Community
lakey81
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Failed Logins from vCOPs in vCenter

I am seeing a lot of failed logins for my username in vCenter events that are coming from the vCOPs UI VM.  The thing is my user account isn't setup as the collection or registration user so any ideas what could be causing this?  It's doing this every 5 minutes.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

What adapter instances do you have setup? E.g. VIN, vCenter, etc.

How do you know the logins are coming from the UI and not the Analytics VM?

Have you checked to see if you have any scheduled reports to will run for any of the vCenter hierarchy? (These runs using specified credentials.)

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
lakey81
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We don't have any adapters loaded this is just the standard edition.  The logins are shown as failed from the UI VM's IP so  "Cannot login username@UI IP".

The only report we have scheduled is run as a different account and only once a week.  This behavior is fairly new within the last month and we haven't done any upgrades or any configuration changes in vcops. 

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Check the admin and web logs for failed login attempts in vC Ops. If that fails, go deeper to the other components in UI. Gen a support bundle to look if necessary. I also suggest reaching out to GSS and they'll check your logs and spot it pretty quick.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos