VMware Cloud Community
thered
Contributor
Contributor

Fail to install VMware-vcops-5.0.1.0-677931-vapp

hi;

i try to install fail to install VMware-vcops-5.0.1.0-677931-vapp on vsphere 4.1 but i have some errors such as:

on UI VM:

starting openvpn .. done

mutual trust already established

tun0 : error fetching interface information : device not found

0 Kudos
8 Replies
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

the VPN tunnel failed to build correctly on the first boot of the Analytics VM or UI VM.

It's best to re-deploy the appliance from fresh.  Ideally, do this with the 5.0.2 applicance.

However, you have to ensure that all your networking information entered in the wizard is correct and that the IP Pool exists against the Port Groups created.

If either are incorrect, then the boot configuration process will fail and you'll have a broken vApp.

Best Regards,

Jon Hemming

0 Kudos
thered
Contributor
Contributor

on UI VM,

i havnt create pool adresse yet and assigned it to network; perhaps its source of error !

0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

IP Pool needs to be created before you even deploy the OVA ... in the deployment guide, it's the page before how to deploy the vApp.

The actual IPs are assigned during the deployment of the OVA ... the wizard that you follow.

So I would make sure to double check the deployment guide, before trying a new deployment.

Best Regards,

Jon Hemming

0 Kudos
thered
Contributor
Contributor

okay, but if i create now ip pool adress and assigned it to the appropriate network; i hope that all will be okay ; else how i can remove the actual v center opération from vcenter 4.0

tks

0 Kudos
IamTHEvilONE
Immortal
Immortal

I would delete the existing vApp from vCenter, and start over.

This will allow you to make the configurations neccessary to get this done correctly.

See: http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vcops-5-installation-guide.pdf (Deployment steps start at page 15).

Also, make sure you're on vCenter and ESX 4.0 Update 2 at a minimum.

0 Kudos
thered
Contributor
Contributor

thanks

0 Kudos
thered
Contributor
Contributor

hi;

thanks again for your help;

now, i finished installation of v center opération but dashboard not apprear in web window after login

best regrards 

0 Kudos
venkat1974
Contributor
Contributor

Usually it take a while for the dashboard to be completely populated with information. Risk and Efficiency badges take comparitively longer time than Health. They will be eventually show up sooner rather than later.

Cheers!!

0 Kudos