VMware Cloud Community
Shocko
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Excluding Maintenance Windows from Reports and Capacity Planning

Guys, starting to use operations manager quite a bit. One thing I notice is that due to our security requirement, we run in guest AV scanners from about 00:00 to 04:00. This generally sends the vCPU/pCPU high along with generating a huge amount of I/O to the DataStores. This is fine operationally as this is our maintenance window. However, it does seem to play havoc with capacity planning and averaging. Is there anyway to have the system ignore this time-frame when calculating baselines for capacity planning ? Also, if reporting over a period of days, is there any way to exclude this window?

2 Replies
dtaliafe
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You can create a maintenance schedule for this time period and then assign the maintenance schedule to objects in a policy.  In the policy editor look under the "Time Range" section and assign the maintenance schedule.

Shocko
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, does that mean that the metric graphs will be empty during that maintenance period? I'd like them to always be populated with data but just that time frame to be excluded when calculating capacity for compute and disk/network I/O thresholds.

0 Kudos