VMware Cloud Community
dbutch1976
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Exchange Dashboard design

Hi everyone,

I'm very new to VROPs and I have a brand new VROPS 6.2 install which I have tied into my vCenter environment.  One of the things I would like to do with this environment is to allow our Exchange Administrators to log into VROPs and see ONLY the exchange servers and be able to pull performance statistics specifically relating to them.

Presently if I give them permissions to log in the see all the same default dashboards that the other users see (For example:  Recommendations, vSphere VMs Disk and Network, vSphere Datastores, vSphere Capacity Risk, etc.)

What is the logical method for creating a custom dashboard for only exchange users?  Do I only grant permissions to the assets which I want to allow the Exchange administrators to view?  For example, Exchange VMs, Exchange clusters, hosts, disks, etc etc etc?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pratt26
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Environment---------->Custom Groups---------->New Group (Choose Group Type = Function) from there you can populate manually or if your Exchange servers are tagged in VSphere you can dynamically create the group members (which is really best) by using the VSphere TAG.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
pratt26
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

‌In my VROPS environment, I have my VM objects organized using "Functions" in VROPS by business group which are similar to groups, When I create the dashboards, I scope the view to only view the "Function" I want the business group to see  and grant the group viewing the dashboard (read-only and dashboard user) this limits them to only see VM objects that are members of the "Fuction".

0 Kudos
dbutch1976
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

This sounds like exactly what I'm looking for.  I've searched through the help files for 'functions' and I don't think the results are what you're referring to.  Where could I go to add all the Exchange servers to a function?  Is it similar to tags?

0 Kudos
pratt26
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Environment---------->Custom Groups---------->New Group (Choose Group Type = Function) from there you can populate manually or if your Exchange servers are tagged in VSphere you can dynamically create the group members (which is really best) by using the VSphere TAG.

0 Kudos
dbutch1976
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I'll give that a shot, thanks for your help!

0 Kudos