VMware Cloud Community
John_Maxwell
Contributor
Contributor

Error when configuring vCenter Python Actions Adapter

I noticed that actions on recommendations were not available (such as Increase VM Memory), so I checked the vSphere Solution and found that the Python Actions Adapter was not configured.

I try to configure it in the Manage Solution dialog, however after entering my vCenter server and credentials, the following error occurs:

--  Unable to establish a valid connection to the target system. Could not find any up internal collector  --

Using Advanced options and manually selecting a collector, I get the following error:

--  Unable to establish a valid connection to the target system. Could not send task 'Test connection' to collector 'vRealize Operations Manager Collector-ftwvappopsmp01.' Collector is currently down or is not ready, start the collector or re-try later.  ---

Has anyone seen this error or know what it means?

Thanks much!

-John

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Tottom
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Not sure if you were able to resolve this issue.

I am experiencing a similar event.

This is for a Remote collector in a different Data Centre in a different country.

It did register the collector with the cluster but when adding the VMWare Adapter it gives the below error.

Failed to send task: Could not send task 'com.integrien.alive.common.communication.task.TaskVcRegistration' to collector 'vRealize Operations Manager Collector-thespecialkid.' Collector is currently down or is not ready, start the collector or re-try later.

Which logs are there to check and what are the correct ports used when the task to add the VMWare Adapter to the Remote Collector?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos