VMware Cloud Community
bbambrick
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Endpoint Ops agent without using admin credentials

Hey folks,

I want to deploy the endpoint ops agent to a few of our hosts which are running vCenter services (PSC boxes, vCenters, Web Clients etc). However, I don't want to use my admin credentials to connect the ep-ops agent to the vROPs cluster. Does anyone know what permissions I need to assign to a new local user to allow it to send data via the endpoint ops agent to the vROPs server?

I've tried assigning the AgentManager role to my test user and giving it full access to all objects but the agent can't connect.

Any ideas?

Obviously running 6.1 Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I've had success with using the AgentManager role. I typically use a local user for this type of connectivity. Are you using a local user or LDAP user?

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
bbambrick
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Local user.

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

When you configure the user perms, what objects did you grant the user in addition to AgentManager? When you give it access to the EP Agent instances ( one per node )  it should be good to go. I can give a screenshot of a setup if you'd like.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos