VMware Cloud Community
redsnapper76
Contributor
Contributor

End point Operations Management Agent + Group Process/Service Checks

Hello,

We are using end point operations agent to monitor windows services & linux processes.

As we have many servers to monitor, I would like to create the service / process groups automatically in stead of creating service check by service check

1) is this possible to automate this with tags from vCenter?

For example, tag a domain controller -> it is added automatically in a Function group and the group keeps up to date because of "keep membership up to date"

Dragging the service check to a vm in object relationships works, but still it is not updated automatically

I have tried the following :

Create a customer group "Function" based on tags.

Then in inventory explorer, I select that function, then all the vm's and then add object

Here I selected "adapter type" - "adapter instance" - "object type" (windows service) and then entered the windows service I wanted to check

After clicking ok it gives me an error "failed to create resource

Can anyone give a tip how to do this?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Yeah, that's not going to work. It's a good idea, but it doesn't work that way with vCenter tags. Your only hope for automation at this point given the immaturity of EpOps is to create some REST-based automation that loops through your agents.

0 Kudos
redsnapper76
Contributor
Contributor

Smiley Sadwork in progress

How-ever can you create groups of servers and activate a service check on the group so that the service check is pushed to all servers?

A lot of work to create several windows checks for each server...

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

I don't believe you can do that at this time.

0 Kudos