VMware Cloud Community
PaulFreedman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Edit Default Costs in 6.7?

I've upgraded to 6.7 and after listening to the latest VMware Webcast - What’s New with vRealize Operations 6.7. Your Path to Self-Driving Data Center Operations. it sounds like I should be able to edit the default cost settings that are held in the database from the GUI.

I've looked through my admin tab but can't see anywhere this is possible.  Has anybody else been able to edit default costs?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
RobertMesropyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Go to Adminsitration-Configuraiton-Cost Settings page (https://address/ui/index.action#/administration/cost-settings/cost-drivers) and click on "Settings" button located near "Cost Settings" label.

0 Kudos
PaulFreedman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I don't see Cost Settings under Configuration, I have tried on 2 separate VROPS instances now and have the same issue on both.

0 Kudos
RobertMesropyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The Cost Analytics is not available for vRops Standard License, could you please confirm that your license is not Advanced/Enterprise?
0 Kudos
rlupton
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem when I log in with my domain authenticated user account that has Administrator role permissions.  However, I am able to see the Cost Drivers tab when I login with the built-in local user 'admin'.  I am not sure what other permissions my account needs to adjust these without logging into the local admin account.

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

As far as i can tell only the local admin has the option to modify the cost settings as the administrator ( and all other roles) can only have the view permissions

pastedImage_0.png

RobertMesropyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes, you are correct - be design this functionality enabled for local admin only
0 Kudos
lisun
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

i have same problem in vSom 6.7, use local administrator(admin) user login , can't see that setting.

0 Kudos
aaghabekyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As Robert said the Cost Analytics is not available for vRops Standard License, so please recheck which  license you are using, this functionality will be available for  Advanced/Enterprise only.

lisun
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

you are right, i use other license to replica the vRops Standard License, now can see that setting

0 Kudos